HAVE A SEAT ON OUR FRONT PORCH

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Challenge #159 - Anything Goes w/Optional Twist - Create a Stylish and Elegant Card


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FIRST LADY MICHELLE OBAMA
Today, January 17th, is First Lady Michelle Obama's birthday!  
When I hear Michelle Obama I think of style and elegance.  
We're Anything Goes with the OPTIONAL twist:
Create a Stylish and Elegant Card or Other Creation.


Challenge #158 Winners 

We have to say that all the entries were winners!  The team and I were so impressed with all the fabulous creations.  Amazing talent...Hallmark can't touch you guys.
Thanks for sharing your pretties with us...We appreciate it!  
Hugz, Chana Malkah

WINNER of the Sami Stamps images
RUTSCHT
Beautifully colored and the paper choices are perfect!

WINNER of the Bugaboo Stamps images
This is such a clever design!  I have added it to my CASE List,
The color choices and that Stencil Shift Background are fabulous!

Winners contact us at:  613avenuewin@hotmail.com

Our Top 3


This is a seriously beautiful bit of work!  Bright Cheery and cohesive!

LUCY of Little Lucy's Handmade Cards

Outstanding!  
This is so beautifully colored, I can feel the movement of her dress.

MEG OF Bits and Pieces
Wonderful CAS Design!  
Love the perfect balance between Focal and White Space!

Honorable Mention

Crafty Paws

Aren't those balloons da truth?  
Really well colored and the composition is also spot on!

Wonderful Color Integration! Great Coloring Technique


Great Color Integration and such an adorable image!
Very nicely crafted!

Congratulations!   Please remember to grab your badges!


DT using our twist

Using an Adult Coloring Page 257850369


DT Creating Anything Goes with Sponsor Image

winner receives three images 
or one digital set of choice

Beccy’s Place Digital Designs by Beccy Muir
My paper obsession began with scrapbooking in the late 1990's and has since evolved into card-making and digital drawing.  There were a few years of decorative painting, teddy bear making and silk ribbon embroidery mixed in there too.  I still dabble in each of those crafts (and many others) from time to time but I generally gravitate toward paper, which I find versatile and forgiving.

I started “doodling” little designs for cards back in 2009, which is when I started my blog and began sharing my images with other Cardies.  From there I progressed to my very own online store selling digital drawings for cards and other paper craft projects.  Some of my images have now been made into rubber stamps by the wonderful team over at Sparkle N Sprinkle.  These days you can usually find me “hanging out” over on my blog, www.beccysplace.blogspot.com.











Aurora of The Miller's Daughter

using Tempest of Ice by Stamps by Aurora Wings

Preview: JANUARY  24    CHALLENGE  #160   ANYTHING GOES

16 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the top 3!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lucy, for your fabulous entry!

      Delete
  2. Ah, yes, the First Lady always looks so elegant! And yet, she has a strong kind of beauty that I greatly admire; she looks smart, healthy, and fit, too, a worthy role model for all women. Congrats to all the winners! What amazing winner and design team inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shani! Lady Michelle is my Shero! I delight in the fact that she doesn't feel that she has to be a toothpick! Like you said, "healthy and fit." We have such wonderful entries each week, I am thinking that we need to do Top 5.

      Delete
  3. Fabulous projects and I love the theme! Michelle is so stylish- her dress at the SOTU was a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kathy Jo! Yeah, I was glad Kathi decided to use this as the theme! I loved that dress as well! I love seeing what she has chosen to wear on these VERY public occasions, but then my POTUS crush kicks in and my eyes are riveted on her husband who is, as my daughter says, "Fine To Death!" :D)

      Delete
  4. Congrats to the top 3, honorable mentions, and winners! Totally fab and beautiful entries. Love my teamies outstanding gallery of inspiration. WTG!!!! I agree having Top 5.
    Fantastic theme based on First Lady Michelle Obama who is sheer elegance and beauty always. Love those gowns. Her clothes always sell out within minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your project this week, Rachelle! Looks like a watercolor!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the images present above has been awesome and mind blowing. Especially, the first image which has been comprised of obama and michelle obama has been awesome and mindblowing one. Being working as a research paper writer in one of the leading online research paper writing assistance, i have been doing blogging in order to keep myself relaxed and free from work tension and so, i have been here and you are just awesome in providing mind blowing pictures to the viewers like myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great challenge, I had a blast playing along and seeing all the lovely makes! Thank you so much. Hugs :-)

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great challenge... I didn't quite get the twist in my first card. o.O Love everyone's creations. Congrats to all of the amazing winners! You all are so amazing... Gorgeous creations.. every single one of them!! Love all the DT Creations too! I LOVE Ginny's spotlight card... Gorgeous! Love the colors... just beautiful!! Thanks for another fun challenge!

    - Susan, {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    {Sentimental Susan - Etsy}
    {Sentimental Susan - Zibbet}
    {Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges}

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many beautiful creations and a great challenge too :) Hugs...Janie

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many beautiful creations and a great challenge too :) Hugs...Janie

    ReplyDelete

We love your comments! Keep them coming!
Kathi, Chana and The Resident Designers